Attn:Janet Karam re:rectal pain

Tue Apr 24 23:27:52 2001

Dear Janet,

Thanks for responding! Much of the time I feel as though I'm losing my mind with this pain, and all the other lovely symptoms. I really have a mentally good time when every once in a while, I'll actually have a pain free or, virtually pain free day. I nearly forget about the more trying days only for one to return in short order.

Sounds like your surgery has been a success. I had a lap a couple of years ago (endo and scar tissue were found) and know that it takes time to heal so, lets hope your rectal pain disappears soon!

Don't worry about being graphic. With the physical problems we have, there's no way to reach out for help much of the time without being graphic.

Would you mind telling me what if any medical therapy (meds) you've been treated with for the endo?

I'm currently on Lupron with add back therapy. It's been some months now, and I swear I'm cycling. I get mid-cycle symptoms, i.e., (the pain last night was day 14) severe burning, sharp stabbing pain, nausea, rectal pain, etc. and, symptoms usually on the day of my injection. I know that perhaps some of what I'm talking about here is a bit off topic for this newsgroup but, endo very often causes scar tissue so maybe it really isn't off topic. Anyway, can you or anyone else in this group comment on this?

-Sue

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: