Re: I'm considering writing a book on adhesions- your opinions?

Sat May 5 07:11:12 2001

I have a good friend who is a freelance writer. He sells articles about motorcycles to various newspaper and magazines. He has been urging me to write articles and send them to health section editors in newspapers. He thinks I can do it and sent me some "how to get published" references.

Well, I'm not a journalist and would much prefer to keep myself busy with my own trade. Yet, I was thinking about doing it just because publicity about adhesions is so needed. BUT, I'd MUCH rather someone else with the natural talents would do it!

This IAS whole effort, first started by Dr. Wismman, is really beginning to "get some feet." What I see evolving is exposure of the issues through MANY different sources. Wow...just look at what we have been seeing on the board in just the last couple of months!

1) the first international meeting of IAS 2) Bev lobbies in DC 3) Dr. Wiseman is writing a book. 4) Other written material is completed 5) a possible "in" to the Oprah show 6) more and more hits on the website! I've finally given up on getting them all read every day. 7) Tammie is working on a real quilt 8) a press kit in the works 9) Jean and Bev compile stories and put together professional-looking materials

The MIX of outlets for our stories is a great thing as we "market" our cause. Wally (Jo) is a marketer and she could speak to this better than I can. To me, it looks like newspaper/magazine publicity is an area that is lacking at this point. Can some of you real writers churn out some features and aim them that direction? I'd be happy to visit with anyone about ideas.

Kansas Mary

--
Mary Wade

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: