Looking forward to the 'sunrise'.....

Wed May 9 16:05:35 2001

Dear Sally, I wish that I lived closer. I would 'pop' over and take care of you. Some good "TLC". I am sorry that your husband is not being supportive. You do not deserve that. It sounds like maybe he doesn't know what to do for you so he gets scared & frustrated, and as long as you are able to make logical, important decisions then maybe he thinks you will be O.K. Can you get away at all? I need to find out why DR. Redan doesn't want you to take pain meds. You have a right to be as pain-free as possible. I have never heard about this. I have just been approved by our Canadian Gov. Healthcare to have surgery in Scranton, PA by DR. Gerhart & DR. Redan. I have been on pain meds for a very long time. I am currently taking 'oxycontinin'. The only danger I have heard about is that pain meds do cause constipation. Which in turn can cause an obstruction. I just read your story on the 'quilt'. My God, you have been through a lot!! I did go to your website.........what a beautiful ranch you have. One can tell that a great amount of love, time, and energy has gone into your beautiful home. You must be a very beautiful person to be able to create such beautiful things. (I know that I used the word "beautiful a lot, but it fits). I found myself smiling when I saw the pictures of you with your baby bull and lama. I felt like packing up and coming down for a visit. You shared a bit of yourself in those photos....Thank you! I know that words can not take away the pain that you are in. Believe me, I too have had my share. My story is on the 'quilt' as well. When the pain gets really bad I try to think of one reason to keep going and if I can make it till the next sunrise then I am a little stronger then I was yesterday. It truly is "One day at a time"! This is another reason why this "Adhesion Society" is so important. Just knowing that someone out there cares about you and truly understands the grief and pain you have been through, makes a huge difference. Please keep in touch with me and maybe some day soon we can meet. Now there is a good reason to keep going! Maybe we could schedule our surgeries for the same time or you could come up here to the "Great White North" for a little relaxation and a few good laughs. We do live in the foothills of the 'Rock Mountains' (1hr. from Banff), even though you have me beat with both mountains and ocean. It must be spectacular!! I am sending a "BIG" Hug your way. I will think of you when I watch the 'sunrise' tomorrow. Love, Deborah dasjejm@home.com (please feel free to use my personal email address)

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Sally Grigg To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: May 9, 2001 1:47 PM Subject: Re: Some startling information from Sally

No, I am not having a pain free day, I'm trying slowly to stop all narcotic medications because the doctor asked me to. He said that the adhesions would be right back if I were on narcotic medications as they slow down the organs in the intestine, specifically the small intestine. So, since I want the operation and I don't want to live this life anymore, I'm going to stop the medications. My husband is not very supportive, he says I can't do it and the one day I really need him to show support, he yells at me and wants me to make all kinds of decisions about changes here at the Inn. He's making me a nervous wreck and he says it's all my fault. All I want is peace and quiet, not trauma, drama, and stress. And I guess the doctor meant that the adhesions would come right back if I kept on my opiate meds. Bye, Sally J-M & Deborah Leclerc wrote:

Dear Sally,What did Dr. Redan mean when he said, "He told me that the medications I am on (morphine (?) patches and roxicodone (all opiate derivatives) were bad for people with adhesions as they slowed down the small intestine". Why are these medications any different then the others? Why would there be no point in having the operation?Please keep in touch,Hope you have a pain-free, peaceful, day!!Love,Deborah (in Canada)dasjejm@home.com

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Sally Grigg To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: May 8, 2001 2:05 PM Subject: Some startling information from Sally I've spoken to Dr. Redan, who kindly called me back. He told me that the medications I am on (morphine (?) patches and roxicodone (all opiate derivatives) were bad for people with adhesions as they slowed down the small intestine. And if I didn't get off them, there would be no point in having an operation. I agreed to begin a slow withdrawal immediately. However, after spending all these years thinking I had great medication that allowed me to function, I now realize I've been hurting myself, even though it's kept me alive and free of agony. What happens when the agony returns? I don't know. Please respond, Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: