still healing from laparoscopy

Wed May 9 16:08:33 2001

Yesterday was a really bad pain day...worse than before my surgery. Horrid. It has been two weeks since my laparoscopy during which they lysed adhesions and put my right fallopian tube back where it belonged (it had gotten stuck down where my uterus used to be).

Since the lap, the pain level has varied from one day to the next. Overall, this post-op pain has come in different "flavors" than the standard, familiar adhesion-pain...you know, my belly-button hurt for a while, now I have little knobby places under my belly button and the other incision where I assume the muscles are knitting back together...those areas are very tender.

Yesterday I had pain all over my right side though, not just down where the adhesions were, but all the way up to my ribs. A few times I just sat down and cried. Used to think I was not pain-sensitive, in my past life. HA. My tummy has been very bloated -- I have IBS too and think the anesthetic slowed my digestion way down. That is only an inconvenience, I can live with that.

I took Vioxx early in the day thinking that would take the edge off, plus my Colace which I take every day at lunch time...by mid-afternoon I was so sorry I had taken Vioxx. I wished I had not so I could take Vicodin. I tried to sit still and keep the heating pad on. I have been rigid with fear the adhesions are back, or will return.

Then this morning, I woke up to a little less bloating, hardly any tenderness on the right side...there is a little pain. My navel still hurts but there is visible bruising so I am convinced that pain is within reasonable limits. Maybe things are getting a little better? This is, so far, a very good day! Best one I've had in a while.

I don't feel the adhesion pain at this particular moment, and it is heavenly. The other stuff I could live with if only that other pain would stay gone!! I don't mind being bloated or having pain in my bowels...it's the other kind, the adhesion pain, that destroys me. Maybe things are starting to heal??

Hope you all are having a super day!!

{{{{hugs}}}}}

Lynda in Arizona

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: