Re: Ginny-Booted from work because of ARD

Wed May 9 21:48:40 2001

Dear Ginny:

So sorry to hear that you lost your job. I reluctantly quit mine, as I felt I just couldn't deal with the job because the pain level was just becoming too much to handlle and I was having to take too many pain meds at work, and then having to drive home was becoming hazardous. I only worked three days per week but on the days I worked I was unless when I got home and was unable to take care of my family. It was one or the other; I was either capable of working a full day but then had to dive for the bed when I got home and couldn't take care of them, or I could rest during the day and be able to be a Mom when they came home from school. I felt I went through major depression in having to give up part of my life because of this disease; I enjoyed my job, enjoyed feeling I was making a contribution to society, but the decision had to be made. Fortunately, we are able to make ends meet without my income, but I would like to be able to do some sort of work at home, as this was like my spending money, and when the kids needed clothes or I wanted something for the house, I was able to do so without asking permission for every cent I spend. I'm looking for some sort of work at home. Perhaps that is an option for you also, as I know working does a toll on the pain level of ARD. Good Luck!

In Friendship,

Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: