Re: Pain

Sat May 12 15:16:19 2001

Dear Joy,

I would think that yes, adhesions can cause the pain and sadness you are feeling. I have places along my legs that go numb from time to time. After my adhesions were lysed a few weeks ago, these places are a little better. My back still gives me trouble -- I think it is because I have gotten used to walking in an odd posture, which places strain on other areas. Hot baths do help me a little.

Surely your doctor can prescribe some pain meds over the phone to help you get through til your appointment? And possible a mood elevator could be of some use. As Helen has said the Mind-Body connection is strong. Having your brain chemicals altered in a more positive fashion won't do away with the pain, but it can reduce it. I have found St. John's Wort to be very effective -- under guidance of my doctor. You must clear herbs with your doctor so you don't take somethings that may conflict. It takes about a month for St. John's Wort to help.

I will think about you over this weekend and pray that you find a pain-free place, a spot of peace and comfort, in the eye of the storm. Good luck with everything,

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: