Re: post-op check-up today

Tue May 15 16:46:10 2001

In a message dated 05/15/2001 1:45:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time, TediBrHugs@aol.com writes:

<< You know that alone must of made you feel 100% better!!! >>

Oh, it did!!!!

<< I am so happy for you that you are getting some relief off meds and having fun with the kids again. The Devil Pain sure does take your life away and I am glad that yours is coming back together at a babies pace, but coming back.>>

Thank you, thank you very much. :D Like I told my doctor earlier today, even if I feel exactly as I do right now for the rest of my life (some pain but bearable) I will be thrilled!!! It's been so long since I could do anything physically, I am now realizing how out-of-shape I am. One thing at a time, first I have to try to finish healing.

<>

That's a good idea...maybe I can send them to someone who knows what they are looking at and they can decide? Would Dr. Wiseman be the one to e-mail them to? I can scan them in and upload them to whoever wants.

<< Don't feel bad about the terminology we are all still learning and someday maybe those words like adhesions and pain won't even exist anymore. >>

I sure do hope so. No matter what happens to me, I am motivated to try to help however I can. Would like to see about meeting others in my area for starters, then talking to patients and doctors alike about raising awareness. I remain utterly horrified at the level of pain people with adhesions are permitted to endure on a daily basis, in this day and age, because doctors don't understand them and/or chronic pain management. What is one of the main things we all turn to medicine for? To stop hurting! And folks with adhesions/ARD fall through the cracks, are told to live with it, or that it doesn't really hurt, or that they can't have pain meds because they will become addicted.

The article the other day about the drug pulled from the shelves really made me angry. All because they want to protect people from becoming addicted. HA.

You know, I live in Arizona...we are relatively close to the border. If anyone here wants to become addicted to anything, it is EASY for them to do so. They can either make a run for the border and stock up on whatever they want, or find a drug dealer over here, buy a bunch of pills and take them til their eyes bug out. That is FAR easier than trying to finagle a prescription from a doctor or pharmacy. I've never tried, but you read and hear about it all the time. Kids in elementary schools can buy Ecstasy or whatever it is called.

And if the people down at FDA or wherever don't know that, that people can (and do) get drugs no matter what is allowed to hit the shelves...well, I seldom flame someone's intelligence (or lack of) but goodness, I hope both their socks match every day.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Missy! Happy day!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: