post-op check-up today

Tue May 15 15:21:20 2001

Hello everyone...

I had my post-op check-up today. The doctor was pleased with how the external incisions looked. As for what is going on internally, naturally, time will tell.

She seemed mildly surprised when I told her I still had pain. I made sure to clarify the pain was different, and she said maybe it is still from the healing going on inside. Also I haven't taken any pain pills for a few days now! One funny thing about that is my ankles and knees hurt again...I have tendonitis which I forgot all about when on pain meds for the adhesions. I'll take knee pain over devil pain any day, though!!!!!

Apparently there were two types of adhesions inside...please forgive me for not knowing the correct medical terminology...I had a lot of those thin, cob-webby ones around the area where my uterus used to be, and some of the thicker, vascular ones that look like lumpy saran wrap. Those were below my right ovary. It's the thicker ones that had dragged my right fallopian tube down from where it was supposed to be to the area just atop my vagina. No wonder sex hurt!!!! (And walking, and sitting, and sneezing, yada yada yada.)

I got to bring home some "Polaroids" of my insides for the family album. Can't you just see me whip those out when we have people over? "And here we have Lynda's LEFT ovary, blah blah blah..." LOL! LOL! There is one pretty good shot of my right tube all dragged out of place and held down by a thick strand of adhesions.

The doctor did offer that she thought she snipped and cleaned everything out really well. She said it looked quite good inside when she was done...that even though adhesions can come back, she doesn't think I should have any problems down the road. Oh, I am half-thrilled and half-rigid with fear...I WANT to believe her...if I do though, I am afraid I'll be emotionally destroyed should the devil pain return. I know I must continue to pray, hope and think positively.

Last night our kids were racing up and down the hall...they are 5 and 9 years old (boys). The hall is not that long, but they were SHOCKED when I got up and raced them -- and won! <G> I had let them win for years. Then because of my pain-problem, I'd gotten to where they would win no matter how hard I tried. But last night I beat them both, and good, heh heh heh! The younger one said with a huge grin, "Mom! You can really RUN again!!!"

Now maybe they will take me seriously when I fuss at them to pick up their rooms...I can promise to string them up by their toes, and they'll think I might even be able to...<VBG> (Shhh, don't tell them I really wouldn't string them up...they just have to believe I could!) Of course, two passes down the hall and I was DONE but hey, it sure felt good while it lasted. :D

I hope you all are having a very good, pain-free day!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: