Re: please help me

Fri May 18 18:38:56 2001

Hi --

Glad hubby got a new job, now hang in there til the insurance kicks in. :D

An herbal tea with Senna as the main ingredient, taken at bed time, may help get things moving along a little more quickly than MOM. Also, how much do you like prunes? <G> Dried fruit of any kind should help a little. I have a recipe for a baked-dried fruit casserole that is easy and delicious. If anyone wants it let me know. I used to cook fancy stuff, but now I cook things that can dump into one dish and cook unsupervised in the oven.

Have never taken Tylenol PM but if memory serves from when I glanced at the label once, it is just Tylenol (acetaminaphen sp) with antihistimines in it. Tylenol is one of those wonderful drugs that has a half-life up their with plutonium, when the archaeologists dig us up in a bazillion years, our livers will be there still pickled from all the Tylenol we've had in Vicoden/Percoset etc. Not really, but Tylenol does stay there close to forever, which is scary. For pain I like the ibuprofen drugs (over-the-counter, that is) better...they are hard on the stomach, but looking at the long-term effects, my stomach getting an ulcer scares me less than having my liver quit.

For sleeping, there is an herb called Valerian that works sooooo very well. Take with a full glass of water at bedtime and you will be able to relax more. When you wake up in the morning, you won't feel like you were hit in the head either. Valerian is good stuff.

Now I am NOT a doctor, am not an herbalist or even anyone very important or informed...I am not really prescribing what to do here...just that these things work for me a bit. I'm sure you are looking for things to try while you wait til you get a new doctor. Maybe if you look into some of the herbal remedies you will find some things that will help you.

Good luck while you wait and take care - hope you have a good weekend!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: