a real tear jerker

Thu May 31 09:35:38 2001

This story really made me cry and hit home badly.

--
Karla

Special Delivery! >Sally jumped up as soon as she saw the Surgeon come >out of the operating room. She said: "How is my >little boy? Is he going to be OK, when can I see >him?" >The Surgeon said: "I'm sorry, we did all we could. >Sally said," Why do little children get cancer, >doesn't GOD care any more? GOD, where were you when >my son needed you?" >The Surgeon said, "One of the nurses will be out in >a few minutes to let you spend time with your son's >remains before it's transported to the university." >Sally asked that the nurse stay with her while she >said Good-bye to her son. Sally ran her fingers >through his thick red curly hair. >The nurse said: Would you like a lock of his hair?" >Sally nodded - yes. The nurse cut a lock of his hair >and put it in a plastic bag and handed it to Sally. >Sally said: "It was Jimmy's idea to give his body to >the university for study. He said it might help >somebody else, and that is what he wanted. I said, >No at first, but Jimmy said, Mom I won't be >using it after I die, maybe it will help some other >little boy to be able to spend one more day with his >mother. Sally said, My Jimmy had a heart of Gold, >always thinking of someone else and always >wanting to help others if he could. >Sally walked out of the Children's Hospital for the >last time now after spending most of the last 6 >months there. She sat the bag with Jimmy's things in >it on the seat beside of her in the car. The >drive home was hard and it was even harder to go >into an empty house. She took the bag to Jimmy's >room and started placing the model cars and things >back in his room exactly where he always kept >them. She laid down across his bed and cried herself >to sleep holding his pillow. Sally woke up about >midnight and laying beside of her on the bed, was a >letter folded up. She opened the letter, it said: >Dear Mom, >I know your going to miss me, but don't think that I >will ever forget you or stop loving you because I'm >not around to say I LOVE YOU. I'll think of you >every day mom and I'll love you even more each day. >Some day we will see each other again. If you want >to adopt a little boy so you won't be so lonely, he >can have my room and my old stuff to play with. If >you decide to get a girl instead, she probably >wouldn't like the same things as us boys do, so you >will have to buy her dolls and stuff girls like. >Don't be sad when you think about me, this is really >a great place. Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as >I got here and showed me around some, but it will >take a long time to see everything here. >The angels are so friendly, I love to watch them >fly. Jesus doesn't look like any of the pictures I >saw of him, but I knew it was him as soon as I saw >him. Jesus took me to see GOD! And guess what mom? >I got to sit on GOD'S knee and talk to him like I >was somebody important. I told GOD that I wanted to >write you a letter and tell you Good-bye and >everything, but I knew that wasn't allowed. God >handed me some paper and his own personal pen to >write you this letter with. I think Gabriel is the >name of the angel that is going to drop this letter >off to you. God said for me to give you the answer >to one of the questions you asked him about-Where >was he when I needed him? God said, "The same place >he was when Jesus was on the cross. He was right >there, as he always is with all his children. Oh, by >the way mom, nobody else can see what is written on >this paper but you. To everyone else, it looks like >a blank piece of paper. I have to give God his pen >back now, he has some more names to write in the >Book Of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with >Jesus for Supper. I'm sure the food will be great. I >almost forgot to let you know - Now I don't hurt >anymore, the cancer is all gone. I'm glad because I >couldn't stand that pain anymore and God couldn't stand to see me suffer the >pain either, so he sent >The Angel of Mercy to get me. The Angel said I was >Special Delivery! >Signed with love from: God & Jesus & Me.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: