Re: OK Question on change of bowel habbits?

Sat Jun 2 00:17:45 2001

Hi Colette --

Oh, now you are having the *other* problem...I'm so sorry. This is the flip side of IBS, as people have already said. The pendulum swings back and forth from diarrhea to constipation, then back again.

It is easy to get caught in the cycle of treating the symptoms you currently are experiencing. This only knocks the pendulum back the other way, and does nothing to restore balance to the gut.

Before I had the adhesions I was able to manage my IBS primarily with diet -- sticking with things that fall under macrobiotic cooking...medium-fiber, lots of water all the time to drink, few fruits and sugary foods and lots of pasta, grains and legumes. LOTS of acidophilus -- you can buy that in capsule form and it really helps a lot to take.

The adhesions threw another element into the IBS-equation, for me, and I've had some crazy pendulum-action ever since.

I know you aren't on your new insurance for a couple of weeks, but it would be good if you could see a doctor. My PCP isn't close to you but he is very, very good and well-connected -- knows who the best doctors are in town for this or that problem. Also has some folks in his office who are up on nutrition and some herbal/natural treatments. I am happy to e-mail you with his name and phone number if you want to call him for a referral, or even a consult.

We need to drink even more water here in the desert than elsewhere...you know that. The "mom" in me has to say it though, because I care. :) So drink your water!!!! <G>

Meanwhile, here is a great big {{{{{hug}}}}} and wishes for you to feel much better, soon. Take care of you!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: