Re: DESPERATE IN VA

Sun Jun 3 22:22:53 2001

Diane, I had Predisone oral steroids many years ago which didn't help, although they were really prescribed for Crones Disease etc., not adhesions. The cortisone epidural shots I had were in my back, not for adhesion problems. I did have one shot of Lidocaine in my belly for a Neuroma which did help that problem.

I never had adhesion barriers or shots in belly for adhesions.

There are several people on here who have gone to Germany for surgery and had adhesion barriers, also ones in Australia who may be able to answer questions about that. Seems to me there are allot of differing opinions on it.

Just wanted to welcome & respond to you. Good Luck, JEAN (from PA)

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: TRoof22@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 10:36 PM Subject: DESPERATE IN VA

My name is Diane and I have been suffering from adhesions causing small bowel obstruction for 6 1/2 years!!!!!!!!! I have never gotten a correct diagnose until this April when I had two back-to-back episodes. I have had 2 C-sections, Roux-Y gastric by-pass, gallbladder, laperoscopy, hysterectomy, kidney stones and various other surgeries in the past 20 years. I am too young to not be able to leave home without the fear of going to the ER of wherever we are vacationing. I am having surgery for the adhesions on 6/11 and want to know I guess steroid wise what has helped. Has anyone had this Iterceed Absorbable Barrier? Or the injection of Corticosteroids, Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) or Antihistamines? If yes, how were they administered? Intraperitoneally as well as systemically to prevent adhesion formation??? I am soooooo not looking forward to yet ANOTHER surgery and God only knows what they will find b/c all the tests i.e. CAT Scans, barium swallows, EGD's etc. have never shown anything conclusive due to the waxing and waning of this disease. Has anyone ever had the "Baker's Tube"? For how long and how was it removed and did you think it helped????????? VERY CURIOUS about that one, since I may need it. See surgeon 6/4/01 at 11:30 a.m EST for pre-op question and answer time. REALLY NEED HELP!! Please let me know. Thanks!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: