Re: help me!!!

Mon Jun 4 10:45:26 2001

Hi,

I am not a doctor...nor am I even in the medical profession, but I know a little bit about ESR from when my granddaughter was ill.

She too had an elevated Sed Rate...somewhere around where your's is now. That rate is particularly high for a child. They watched it very closely as it can be indicative of things other than inflammation. I forwarded some information on the ESR in another email. It does take awhile for the rate to go down....but it concerns me that it is still high after three months. Maybe you could check with one of those doctors you write in to and ask their advice.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "prathiba nair" <prathiba_nair@rediffmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 9:57 AM Subject: help me!!!

> hi, > i have a problem, i underwent an appendix operation 3mts ago, thru laproscopy, before my operation i was asked to take a bloodtest. the blood test showedthat all the other counts were noormal but the ESR was 34, but i yunderstand that it is normal as i had an inflamation in my body, > later, after 2 mts of my operation i started developing > post appendix pains, the docter to whom i refered to toldme to take an abodomanal x-ray, sonography of my abdoman, blood n urine test. All my tests were shown as normal even the blood report was normal except for the ESR count it had increased to 85 frm 34. > the docter told me nothing to worry. but i'm a bit tensed, plz help me. > i also told the doc that i have started getting leg n hip pains he told me take a calcium test which also showed normal. > could u plz help me out. > my report details r as follows > i took my last blood test on the 10/5/2001 : ESR = 85 > plz reply to me at the earliest. n clear me of my doubts n assure me that i'm normal > thank u > prathiba > > _____________________________________________________ > Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at > _____________________________________________________ > http://bol.rediff.com >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: