To Lynda in AZ .... about post - op pain

Tue Jun 5 21:49:30 2001

Hiya Lynda!

I'm sorry you have been up all night again :-( mate, I know exactly how you feel, especially about the pain being so bad after the operation.

My surgery was April 9 so I have had almost 2 months recovery now, with at least 6 more months to go. At times my pain has been so incredibley bad that I was really starting to question my decision to have the surgery in the first place, but now.....I am feeling more optomistic about my future.

I still have sleepless nights and I have bouts of unbelievable pain, BUT I have managed to wash up a couple of times now (leaning on my sink *giggle*), we had friends over for dinner on Saturday night, I even cooked! I had to double my pain meds....but boy oh boy did I enjoy the company....actually the whole family did! Shane takes me down to the river & we sit on the grassy banks and soak up the sun,.....mmmmmmm good for the soul and the body!

Lynda, my Doctors have told me that this isn't easy, I have had incredibly invasive & hard surgery which is going to take a LONG time to recover from. My GP said today how pleased she was with me, and that I should expect it to be another six months before we could really tell how successful the surgery has been. I will need another month at least on morphine tablets and then we will start to wean me off them, I will use my meditation & visualisation methods as well as the hot packs, baths and gentle excersise, keeping the strong pain meds for the worst pain days.

So please don't give up yet Lynda, just keep your doctors informed, keep asking them LOADS of questions and things will improve......slowly but surely. If you would like to know about my meditation & visualisation method, let me know I would be happy to help you work one out just for you.(that invitation is also open to anyone else who reads this post)

I have lived with pain almost my whole life, I was born with dislocated hips, and my hip sockets aren't properly formed. Until adhesions I had lived with the pain from that & my menstrual cycle using these techniques.

You have guts Lynda, I know because I read it between every line you write for this board, keep it coming, because there are a lot of us who enjoy reading YOUR posts.

Love, hugs & cheers, Jo

P.S. Yes I have experienced the change from inactivity creating less pain & then the switch to activity creating the most pain relief......let your doctor know about all that too.

--
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: