Hi Jo --Re: To Lynda in AZ .... about post - op pain

Wed Jun 6 10:30:40 2001

Hi Jo --

It's good to hear from you again!! I'm glad that you are optimistic...that makes it easier for me to be. :) Hopefully both of us will start to see some significant improvement in our bodies SOON. I remember when my biggest bodily concern was whether to buy a one or two-piece swim-suit. Ah, the good ol' days. :)

Sitting by a river on a grassy bank sounds heavenly. I'm so glad you got to have some friends over! Sounds like you all had fun. Do you live near a river? It sounds lovely. We are close to the Verde River, which is an offshoot of the Little Colorado. Here, our rivers are mostly dry 2/3 the year. Too, we have cactus and mesquite trees poking up out of clay or dirt banks. Not quite the same romantic image that grass and water present. <G> But I am glad you had such a delightful time!!

I practice visualization techniques and would love to hear what you do, or what you might recommend. They have been enormously useful in getting me through the darkest moments. Finding that little bit of peace inside, knowing it is always there no matter how many layers of pain are over it...that's really a good feeling.

Are your hips still giving you trouble? Hopefully those were able to be fixed without complications? We see a lot of hip trouble in dogs, and I know how much pain they are in. I am sorry you have had to suffer from that, and hope it has been "cured."

I will let my doctor know about the change in pain, how activity helps. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say.

Your posts are wonderful, too. :) Thank you for being there, and for being you!!! Here's to a better today than yesterday. Chins up, tomorrow here we come. Talk soon and take care - -thanks again!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." -Marcus Aurelius

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: