New visitor

Sat Jun 9 23:58:05 2001

hi everyone!

I am new visitor to this board, seeking help and guidance. My situation is a little complicated, but probably not unfamiliar to many of you. first the facts: I am 38 years old, in generally excellent health, but recently have had a 2.5" diameter fibroid discovered in the right posterior of my uterus. The fibroid is largely embedded, with 10-15% protrusion into the uterus and covers approxiamtely 25% of the uterine surface area (I was in my eighth week of my first pregnancy when the embryo spontaneously aborted).

So, my questions are these: first, I have a split opinion from the two OB-GYNs I have visited. One says surgery is the preferred solution (given my age); the other says to try immediately for a second pregnancy. Second, I have been referred to Dr. Andrew S. Cook of the Helena Women's Health group in San Jose--I am trying to find out ANY information I can about Dr. Cook and saw him mentioned in several threads on this board.

If anyone knows of Dr. Cook, please let me know your thoughts/experiences, etc. And, if anyone has had a similar diagnosis as mine, please let me know what treatment path you followed. I would love to begin a dialog with any of you on these topics!

Best wishes and hopes to all!

CF

--
Chris Forbes

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: