Re: CAT Scans - Millie

Mon Jun 11 19:34:14 2001

Dear Helen, I am thisclose to leaving this world, one way or the other, maybe tonight. I can hardly even get rid of a speck of loose stol or gas. Helen, I know I'm heading for an ostomy, because these clowns are probably tired of seeing me. I can't go on like this. There has to be a better world than this. I went back to the gastro who did the colonoscopy in early April. This was Friday. I told her I am having more trouble. She claimed I didn't need any more tests, and that when she did the scope in April, that she got the scope to the cecum. I told her I KNOW adhesions are back in that area. I can tell. She said I didn't need any more tests, and that I've been to too many Drs. She also asked me, "Just HOW many tests have you had?? How many xrays?? How many CAT scans??" I can tell that everything lies in the lower side... mostly the left - where the ob/gyn cut the adhesions. Yes, adhesions are a big secret among surgeons. Otherwise, they wouldn't make the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Millie

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Hchalm@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 5:33 PM Subject: Re: CAT Scans - Millie

Dear Millie:

My CAT scan was read as negative, even after being sent to have one in the ER. My husband said we would not leave the hospital until we knew the results. Walked right out looked us in the face and said negative. Well, after 3 months of unrelenting pain, my second GYN sent the CAT scan to another radiologist who actually must have looked for adhesions because she saw "loops of bowel fixed." Thank goodness, after almost 4 months of not knowing what I had, this wonderful radiologist gave me the answer of what was causing my pain after all that time. Of course, my GYN never told me this, when he called he said "Helen, you have adhesions, and the best part of this is that you aren't going to die, and most adhesions stretch so you will just fine." Guess what? I wasn't fine - I wasn't fine at all, and the nasty adhesions didn't stretch but became harder and pulled harder and started causing more pain. When I obtained my medicals, that's when I saw what she had written about the loops of bowel being fixed, as he never told me that. I guess he figured if I didn't know my bowel wasn't adhered, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd like to see him live with his bowel adhered to his abdomen. Why these doctors keep these secrets from us I'll never know. Also, now he was my second GYN, not the one that did the hysterectomy, so he had nothing to hide from me, but he did. In my medicals on the very first visit in his notes, he wrote "probably adhesions," but never mentioned that word to me at all, like it was some big secret, which I found out later that it is a big secret amongst surgeons, or who would have surgery if we knew what problems they could cause in our lives. Hope that you will find the answer. Let us know what the results are.

Love,

Helen C.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: