Re: Question???Trouble Eating cause of potty problems/Reply to Collette

Mon Jun 11 19:58:37 2001

Collette, I am fairly new to this list. I've been on an ostomy list for 1.5 years because I had colon surgery and emergency surgery/colostomy.... The story goes on an on.

I am fully reconnected and I still have my bowel problems. I don't really know what your problems are, but I can make some suggestions for you. It sounds like you are more constipated and have difficulty getting a movement out. I suggest the following things. Now remember, I am only making these suggestions because they have worked for me. I have about 1/2 my colon remaining.

1. drink lots of water-8 glasses of water a day 2. try sunsweet (or store brand) prune juice (small can)-be sure to plan on being home for the night. 3. do not eat raw vegetables (they cause blockages at my adhesion at small intestine 4. do not take vitamins with iron 5. try colace (stool softener)

Please don't do all five things at one time. The water is good anytime. The prune juice - try it one. Avoid raw vegetables and stay away from constipating type foods (hard to digest foods), take regular multi vitamins. Try the colace instead of prune juice.

I'm not a doctor, I am a regular colon damaged, vestibularly damaged, adhesion damaged person. I try to make my life more comfortable with what I can use.

I do use precription meds ONLY when my situation warrants it. I hope I've at least given you a few options. Let me know if this helps you at all or if you want to talk.

Your friend, Cathy Barnes.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Colette Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 10:41 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Question???Trouble Eating cause of potty problems

Ok for the last couple of weeks i'v literally cannot eat or i have anawfull time going potty in the morning! It seems if i just drink liquids i do ok! I really don't know how to explain it. Ok around noon i ate an egg salad sandwich my faveriote it sent me to the potty 30 min later not that i do much but boy its getting real depressing! I love food but i can't eat it cause of the bowel problems. I think that its getting worse! My husband is still waiting on this other job the guy has'nt come back yet and time is getting close hear. I need insurance. I guess i'm back to a liquid diet for now this is so depressing but- at the same time i'm mad because of all the pain and feeling yukkie! Thank God for my husband and kids!! Big Hugs Colette PS do adhesions do this to you cause this is awful! When i do go its really good!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: