Re: Just got back from my doctor and she suggested a hysteroctomy anyone have...

Thu Jun 14 15:27:09 2001

Julie,

How old are you? My suggestion is that you not have the hysterectomy...unless you absolutely think it is necessary. Any surgery you have...even laprascopic is going to add to your adhesion problem. I know of so many women who were told they needed hysterectomies only to find out when they obtained their surgical records that they did not have the problem for which they had the surgery. I don't remember all of your problems...but adhesions can do so much. It is possible that adhesions could be all of your problems.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: Lgapmon@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 2:04 PM Subject: Re: Just got back from my doctor and she suggested a hysteroctomy anyone have...

> Hi Julie -- > > << Hello everyone its Julie again. I just got back from the doctor and she > suggested that I have a hysterectomy on the 26th of this month. My > doctor says I have adenomyosis and that is the cause of my pain. Now > can a vaginal hysterectomy cause adhesions? >> > > Yes. That is how I got my adhesions. Had a vaginal hysterectomy etc. for > prolapse. Within three months things inside started gumming up - adhesions. > > I don't know what your doctor plans to wrap your ovaries with...is she using > an adhesion barrier? > > I cannot stress enough the importance of having the best surgeon possible > perform your surgery. Would you humor me and please ask your doctor how many > of her patients have trouble with pain post-hyst? Ask everything you can > think to ask before you have any more cutting, please? There are good things > on the IAS site you can print off and bring to her. > > I am so much worse after my hysterectomy, I would never have had it if I knew > then what I know now. Never. Each case is different, at least. I recognize > that. > > I hope things go better for you all the way around. > > Love, > > Lynda M. in AZ > > "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our > thoughts, we make our world." > - The Buddha >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: