Hello everyone

Fri Jun 15 10:26:01 2001

It has been quite a long time since I have posted here and a few of you had been wondering how I was doing. Well, I am starting to feel the postive effects of the surgery. Since school has ended and that I now have had the proper time/type to recover the tummy is getting much better. While immediately after surgery I felt that the dull ache/pull in my stomach was better, I still had the residual effects of all of the work that was done in the abdomen. It was aggravated by being forced to go back to work full-tilt WAY WAY too early. So physically I do feel better, but my wife and I have made a "life decision" that I should seek another employer after the way I was treated after this surgery. Its amazing that if you don't have the usual 40 staples down your belly people think that you are OK after a major abdominal surgery!!

The job search is going really well. Julie and I are looking to relocate back up to New England. Its nice in that I can take my time and be choosey in what we want from my next career move. In a way I am thankful that my "miserable May" happened. Really forced me to sit down and take a good hard look at where we are and where we want to be.

Anyway, I went golfing for the first time since surgery on Tuesday. Since stupid me had been feeling so much better I not only walked all 18 holes, but carried my bag as well. BIG mistake. Woke up on Wednesday and felt like I had just done 3,000 situps. Still sore.

I am going back to see Dr. Redan for a followup next Thursday. I just need him to reassure me that every little twinge I get in the belly isn't a sure sign that the adhesions are back!!

Best of luck to everyone, God bless, and talk to you in a bit!!! JIM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: