Re: anything new

Mon Jun 18 13:33:03 2001

Hi Stevie, I was so glad to know that my e-mail touched you! I sometimes look to see if someones letter has gone unanswered and try to reach out to them. I had vaginal a hysterectomy without a scope in 1997 in which my fallopian tubes were left behind and the ovaries and uterus were removed blindly. The tubes wee documented as removed although they were not. Tho ovaries had endometriosis on them as well as the retained tubes. When I was sewn back up, there was a mass of peripheral nerves caught in the suture sight as well. As the surgery healed, the nerve became worse as well as the adhesions. The hardest thing for me to take was the way in which i was treated by the doctors who I worked with on an everyday basis. Yes, I was an OB/GYN nurse. They treated me horribly and told me that I must have irritable bowel syndrome. There was a conspiracy not to help me so I had to do all the research on my own. I finally found a doctor who agreed with me and I had a lap done where he discovered the tubes which were covered with adhesions. Unfortunately, he left a vein open and i had a full blown hemmorhage and had to have a laparotomy. After this surgery the adhesions grew for 10 weeks all the way up my bowels. I could feel them growing. It was a nightmare and he did not open the suture sight to remove the nerve as planned. After that no one would help me due to the massive adhesions and i refused to live like that. I was on 23 pills a day (Methadone and Neurontin). That is when I asked a friend to reseach doctors in her country for me (Germnany). She really did a lot of research and found a guy 7 hours away form her in Duisberg. We began e-,ailing and he agreed to do my surgery. That was Dr. Korell. I owe him my life now and my friend Evi. It is over!!! He uses a scope with such precision that you would not even know that you had a surgery hardly. However, I reacted to the Intergel and had lots of post op swelling and internal pain that lasted for 3 weeks or so. The nerve was taken out as well by him ( a surgery that no doctor in the US would attempt.) Unfortunatly he only got half of the nerve on the first time and so I had to go back this year again. I told him to take out a big area this time and he did. It was wonderful to see that he was able to get 90 to 95 percent of the adhesions the year before and he took out the small amount that had returned as well. I hope this helps you. I am now 10 weeks post op and have only the drugs to worry about. I am down to 2 a day from 6 and it is not easy. I pray that you will find some strength in my words. The true healer was God. I had to let go of the anger and the lawsuit that was going no where and truly focus on God as the only true healer. Let go of that anger. Love, Joanne At Sun, 17 Jun 2001, stevie wrote: >
>At Sun, 17 Jun 2001, joanne Thorpe wrote:
>>
>>Hi Stevie,
>>II am so sorry that your pain is back. It is so frustrating to live
>>with adhesions because we cannot see or touch them and the only way to
>>do so is through a lap. But, laps cause more adhesions so you must be
>>very careful about who does your lap. I am cured now after 6 surgeries
>>for massive adhesions and a mass of nerves that were sruch in my vaginal
>>wall. I never gave up and knew that I would be pain free. I got very
>>close to God and listened for signs from Him about what I should do. I
>>pray that your pain gets better and it is not those terrible adhesions
>
>>coming back. With love, Joanne
>
>Thankyou Joanne for replying, i was beginning to think I was at the
>wrong web site. your reply brought me to tears.It is horroble what
>happens to alot of women in my case the hysterectomy wasnt even needed.
>I had cysts on my ovaries found thru ultrasound but were gone when he
>opened me up, but since I was 44 at the time he figured i didnt need mt
>organs any more,and have lost 4 years of my life so far. it sounds like
>you have been thru hell also was it due to a hysterectomy if I could
>ask.thank you again for your information. was the last surgery you had
>done with a scope? i have always felt like nerves have been involved
>because the pain is in the bladder and vaginal vault. i too have tried
>to listen to god but i cant get beyond the anger. thanks again STEVIE
>
>>At Fri, 15 Jun 2001, stevie wrote:
>>>
>>>I have'nt been to the site for some time. I had a hysterectomy 4 years
>>>ago then a laparoscopy 6 months later to try to fix bladder pelvic pain
>>>that started after the hysterectomy. that did'nt work ,and through the
>>>4 years I have had, like I am sure everyone here has had, to many test
>>>and procedures to count any more, including 3 years of physical
>>>therapy,that was a complete joke.I am wondering if any one else with
>>>adhesions experiences periods like a month or more pain free? then bam
>>>its back and worse. the last doctor I went to last week wants to do
>>>another laparoscopy which doesnt thrill me at all but at this point I
>>>need relief if there is such a thing. I am wondering has there been
>>>anything new in the way of prevention after lysis or anything new in
>>>treatments? I would appreciate anything anyone could clue me in on.
>>>thanks so much Stevie.
>>
>>--
>>Joanne
>>

--
Joanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: