anonymous c/o back pain

Mon Jun 18 14:56:01 2001

To: "anonymous"

I too have back pain, mine is low. I ended up with a "total hysterectomy" many years before my last Lysis of Adhesions and my lower back pain started after that surgery and this is pain I had not had before my adhesions were removed this time. It was explained to me as this (this explanation came from three unrelated doctors): my adhesions had involved my GI tract extensively and once the adhesions were removed my intestines were "freed" and dropped down and back which is "normal" after a hysterectomy BUT as this happened parts of my intestine adhesed to the back of my pelvic wall, I continue to experience most of my pain in the lower back and this pain radiates down both legs often. Please be aware that I went through every test possible and when they all came back negative all three doctors agreed on the explanation above. I wish I could give you a "cure" for the pain but the only thing that eases my pain is medication and a heating pad. I wish you pain free days.

In Friendship, Ann (in Georgia)

>----- Original Message -----
From: anonymous <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 1:07 PM Subject: Anyone have back pain as a result of pelvic adhesions?

> Hi. I am about 3 1/2 yrs. post surgery for removal of extensive
> abdominal adhesions, hysterectomy and oopherectomy, appendectomy, and a
> procedure to tack up my bladder. It was a real mess in there! I have
> been having trouble with chronic back pain, and am going thru my second
> round of physical therapy. The physical therapist thinks much of my
> pain may be due to the abdominal surgery and remaining adhesions. Anyone
> else have this kind of problem? What helps? What doesn't? Any feedback
> would be appreciated.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: