DIANE HOME FROM SURG.

Mon Jun 18 14:58:16 2001

Dear Everyone: My son's wedding on June 9th was beautiful, I began my bowel cleansing that night, antibiotics the next day and into the hospital 6:00 a.m. on June 11th. The nurse told my husband to go home take a shower b/c I'd be in the OR for at least 3-5 hours, but SURPRISE it was a total of 1 1/2 hours! THE GOOD NEWS IS I WAS SUFFERING FOR 7 YEARS DUE TO A PETERSON'S HERNIA. They cut it out (size of a closed fist) and cleaned out the existing adhesions (minimal) reconnected the bowel and closed. The GREAT news is this hernia cannot grow back, like adhesions can. This is the result of the Rouy-x I had back in 1994. I still have 40 staples (no more bikinis) down the midline. I guess they come out on Thurs. when I see the Phys. in office. Other than my incision, I feel GREAT! I'm out and walking every day and don't really have my appetite back yet, but absolutely no nausea. I came home on the 6th day and not dreaded Baker's tube of NG tube. As you guys all knew I was terrified I might be worse off b/f I had surgery, but PTL I am not. I am feeling stronger every day, and THANK GOD for this surgeon who finally found it! Thanks for all the prayers, your all so special Love, Diane

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: