Re: Welcome Kris C.

Wed Jun 20 15:20:00 2001

Kris,

When you get a chance please put your story on the adhesions quilt. I would love to read it. I am right there with you as far as the number of surgeries. I have had 26 since 1991 and more than 40 total. What type of complications have you had and why do you need more surgery?

--
Karla N.

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Janet Karam" <jkaram4@home.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 2:46 PM Subject: Welcome Kris C.

> Dear Kris, > > Welcome, welcome!!! I feel like we heve an insider in with our group > now...can't wait for you to report to us about the new oral medication that > disolves adhesions in 10 days or less!...oh, how I only wish it were true > that a drug like that was in the 'pipeline'! > > You said you are planning your 43rd surgery, I am amazed that you have > endured so many. When is this surgery scheduled...I will be sure to send you > extra hugs and love that day! > > Love, > > Janet

>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Cassell, Kris C" <tcc21922@GlaxoWellcome.com> > To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" > <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 5:38 AM > Subject: RE: Hello everyone > > > All: > > Good morning to everyone! I am new to this website but am EXTREMELY > > thankful that you are here! It is a satisfying feeling to know that I am > > not the only one that suffers! I am 42 years old and ironically to date > > have had 42 major abdominal surgeries and facing another within the next > few > > weeks. I work for a the worlds largest pharmaceutical company and I can > > shed light on the fact that there are some new medicines in what they > refer > > to as "the pipeline" for pain relief. The pipeline simply means that it > > will soon be undergoing human testing and then will be marketed. There > are > > so many people that do not understand this illness or what we have to deal > > with daily, so, I am in the process of writing a book about this subject, > > strictly from a personal point and would like to extend the offer to > anyone > > dealing with this the opportunity to submit any stories, poems etc. I > have > > a publisher that has expressed interest so hopefully the outcome of this > > will be to shed alot of light on this illness and bring it out in the open > > so that more research is performed. I have read alot of the emails passed > > back and forth in this group and I already feel like I have found a > > wonderfully, understanding home. I look forward to hearing from any and > all > > of you! > > Kind regards, > > Kris Nester > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: Hchalm@aol.com [SMTP:Hchalm@aol.com] > > > Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 11:10 PM > > > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > > > Subject: Re: Hello everyone > > > > > > Dear Jim: > > > > > > Thanks for stopping in and letting us know how you are doing. So good > to > > > hear that there are successes out there. Keep in touch. > > > > > > In Friendship, > > > > > > Helen Chalmers > > >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: