Question about Dr. Redan

Fri Jun 22 08:51:05 2001

Good Morning All:

I received a very disheartening letter this morning from one of the people I have been supporting from the mid west. She had asked me for Dr. Redan's name and number in Scranton, PA as she is so desparate, she was willing to fly here for an evaluation.

I was not aware that no insurance is accepted by his office for adhesion surgery, but this is what she was told. Her level of hope plummeted and she's back at square one again, considering acupuncture rather than consulting a "world reknowned" surgeon.

Is it true that Jay Redan doesn't accept insurance or is it that most insurance companies refuse to pay for lysis of adhesions or what? Of the 16 operations I had, not one was denied coverage because it was related to adhesions, so I would appreciate some insight.

Bev, is it possible for this woman to receive funding, and if so, what criteria must she meet in order to qualify for funding? I have no idea what level of advancement her situation is but she sounded pretty disappointed when hetold her he doesn't accept insurance. he also allegedly told her that the other surgeons she went to for corrective surgery should have done it laproscopically and more or less maligned them for not doing so. This doesn't sound like a compassionate, caring remark to me, does it?

If anyone has had lick with Dr Jay Redan please tell me. I'd like to know how he operates.........literally and insurance wise.

Loving hugs'

ginny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: