Re: adhesions and bloating..emergency surgery/adhesions after 1 week???

Mon Jun 25 10:33:21 2001

Jane,

Your brother really needs to pin down the doctors and find out just what happened and what is going on. Immediately upon his discharge have him call and request his surgical records along with pathology reports and hospital admissions and discharge reports. He will learn a lot....often things the doctors won't or don't tell us. If he doesn't understand what they say have him bring them to a nurse or someone who will. Sounds a little fishy to me. But I trust noone!!!

I pray that your brother's condition improves rapidly.

--
Karla N.

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Jane Tremper" <jtremp@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 11:58 AM Subject: Re: adhesions and bloating..emergency surgery/adhesions after 1 week???

> Lesa, > How ignorant am I? I never knew adhesions could grow so quickly. Are > you doing okay now? When you say "nicked" your bowel, is that common? > That's what we are so concerned about because his temperature spiked and > he got so bloated. The doctor said it was "just adhesions". When they > went in the first time they removed my brother's appendix "because they > were there, might as well take them out anyway." But while in the > operating room being prepped, my brother said two nurses were talking > about his appendix, but he couldn't understand them. So we're still at > a loss. > This message board has been a tremendous help and I thank you all for > responding. I'm saddened you all had to go through any of what my > brother has gone through. God bless and thank you for responding. > Jane > > At Sat, 23 Jun 2001, TODDnLESA@aol.com wrote: > > > >Jane... > >Sorry to hear about your brother, I hope he will be doing better soon. > >YES..adhesions can grow back within days. I had surgery for lysis of > >adhesions and one week later it was realized that the doctor nicked my bowel > >while doing surgery so seven days later I was back in surgery and so were the > >adhesions. > >Lesa >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: