Dear Sally and those facing surgery soon.

Sat Jun 30 22:36:03 2001

Hi Sally,

I am so sorry that I didn't get the opportunity to give send you one last message before you left home for Scranton.

I am starting to feel better and can actually do a small amount of housework now :-). Boy who ever thought that I would get excited over that! LOL

My surgery seems so long ago now.....April 9 in fact!..... doesn't time fly!

Sally, I just wanted to tell you something VERY important. Don't expect miracles. By that I mean, don't expect to feel "cured" and pain free in the immediate weeks after the surgery. That is the mistake that I made, I expected too much from myself. I guess I thought I would be able to leap straight back into life and carry on as I had before this saga began. WRONG

It's now the beginning of July and only now can I tell you that I am feeling better. I still have SOME pain, but it is far easier to cope with than before my last surgery. There are still certain things I cannot do, and I believe at some stage there will possibly be further surgery.......but I will wait until it is absolutely unbareable before I even THINK about letting anyone suggest surgery to me again.

I don't post here very often anymore because sitting upright in a chair is one of those things I still can't do for a great deal of time. I spend my time wondering around the house, or down at our local shopping centre, or down by our local river with my girls.

I started driving again this week......oh Sally! The freedom!!!! I can't begin to describe how good it feels to be behind the wheel & to be in control of where I am going. My wonderful Shane has been very good, driving me where ever I needed to go, BUT it feels soooo good to take myself (VBG).

Of-course there is a price for this freedom........it's a couple of hours reclining in the easy chair in our family room, or a few hours resting in bed. The pain after these expeditions is moderate to yukky (LOL), but I am happy to pay the price.

So to you Sally, and others facing surgery, or those who are recently post-op.......take it easy, be patient and you will be rewarded as I have........the opportunity to participate in life.

Love, hugs & cheers, Jo :-)

--
Try this!..........

Smile as often as you can at those you love..... and to strangers in the street.

The rewards are many.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: