Re: abdominal adhesions

Fri Jul 6 09:57:33 2001

Hi Pam --

I'm sorry you have adhesions. They are no picnic. Mine are from a hyst I had in Oct. '99. I'm now 37.

Read the web site, especially the quilt....many of us have our stories posted there. Too, there is much valuable information on the site. We know exactly how you feel.

It's scary at first, being diagnosed with adhesions...but if you can find a good doctor in your area, that will help tremendously. Lots of doctors don't recognize the pain adhesions cause, so finding a compassionat doctor is essential. Many of us have been humiliated and ignored by doctors, and that adds insult to injury. Find a good one, one who cares.

There are only three doctors in the world who have any sort of odds to truly "cure" people of adhesions. Two are in PA and one is in Germany. Still, having a good doctor locally can be of help with pain management and other things. I wish you success finding a new one that is good, who can help you.

Welcome to the site -- I hope you are able to love, support and information here. Take care and feel better!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: