Re: Anybody?

Fri Jul 6 10:47:51 2001

Dear Marianne,

I have been dealing with this same problem for many months. My doctor(s) kept recommending Senecot and fiber to help me have a bowel movement. I was taking 12 Senecot +metemucil+stool softeners ,and still was not successfull. I discovered this herbal tea that seems to work better and gentler than any pill I have tried on the market. It's made by Traditional Medicinals-it's called Smooth Move and really really is the only thing that I can say works for me. Maybe it will help you too. It's active ingredient is Senna leaf-it also includes the digestive support of fennel, orange peel, cinnamon, coriander and ginger to ease discomfort, reduce cramping and enhance the flavor of the tea. Their web address is:

http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com

I hope this helps. When I am really bad(no movement for 2-3 days) I do use two bags to make it stronger. I have severe, excruciating pain when I have a BM and this also seems to be the gentlest thing that I have tried. They also have another tea specifically for constipation. I haven't tried that one yet because the Smooth Move has worked so well for me. I don't know what it's called, but I'm sure you can find it on their website. I had a laporotomy for the same bowel stuck to ovary,stuck to intestine, stuck to abdominal wall, etc ( + other things) as you did and have HAD to have some kind of stimulant or I just flat out won't go at all. Please email me if you have any questions or just want to talk with a fellow Non-pooper.LOL Good luck and God Bless.

Love Gloria

marianne bolding wrote:

> Well, it's the 4th. I'm going to explode in my stomach
> if I can't make a "natural" bowel movement. It's been
> 6 days since my lap. w/surgeory to detach the
> intestine from the ovary (no prior surgeories), and he
> had to turn the ovary around as the intestine turned
> it upside down. My husband seems so bitter. I vomited
> this morning and he came in to ask me if I knew where
> his check stub was. He knows I got sick, I think he's
> tired of it. I need to make a bowel movement without
> going back and forth from milk of magnesia to pepto