Write to your Congressman regarding the right for adequate pain medication

Sun Jul 8 00:32:12 2001

Dear IAS Members: Would you be willing to complete the form letter below and mail it to your Congressman in your state to help in the fight for adequate pain medication for all chronic pain patients (that includes many of us here at the IAS Board). For information regarding the below letter please take time to visit <A HREF="http://www.asappain.com/">Click here: While tens of millions suffer for want of OxyContin</A>

Dear Congressman ------------ I am a voter and constituent in your district and would like to report on a situation in America that is costing the lives of tens of thousands of lives each year: The American Pain Crisis caused by the War On Drugs that leaves Intractable Pain Patients suffering so greatly, that many are forced to take their own lives. The suicide rate for pain patients is 900% above the average and another 16,500 die from the bleeding complications of NSAIDS, such as Advil and Vioxx. There are another 77,000 hospitalizations over those highly advertised non working medicines. NIH calls the under treatment of pain a "National Disaster" and we are losing more Americans each year than we lost in all of the Vietnam War. As a constituent I'm asking that you sponsor Congressional Hearings into the under treatment of pain in which pain patients and doctors who try to treat them are interviewed by Congress. Only when America sees what kind of suffering is going on out there will we wake up as a nation and do something about the War On Drugs that is a dismal failure and causing outright "Torture" to take place in every state of the Union. Many "pain doctors" are falsely indicted each year and this has lead to the fact that 95% of doctors will not treat chronic pain at all for fear of losing their license. Please ask your staff to go to the web site of the American Society for Action on Pain * and read about the horrific abuses that the DEA under takes against innocent doctors and patients suffering with Intractable pain. Thank you for your attention to this matter and I put my faith in you that you will be able to call together such hearings that will expose this Secret Genocide that we face out here in the land of the free. The Fourth Amendment is in a shambles because the Drug Warriors have been able to get laws on the books aimed at "Drug Lords" that instead are being applied to Pain Patients and doctors. Most respectfully yours,

Your Name

POSTED BY HELEN CHALMERS

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: