My Daughter's Post Op diagnosis: Prayers for Erin

Wed Jul 11 19:50:01 2001

For all my wonderfully supportive friends:

Erin went into surgery with a pre op diagnosis of "unresolved bleeding and absominal pain" and came out with a post op Dx of "Endometriosis and adhesive disease".

As terrifying as this was for me to hear, (Deja Vu-ing myself to tears) I was reassured that at age 19 Erin's chances of having a painfree, adhesion free life are greater than 80-90% and that she will absoultely heal from the endometriosis as it was caught in time.

After cornering her doctor and asking him questions I found out that 20 yrs ago, the medical society did not even consider looking into the belly of any woman under the age of 30, or before her first 2 children when endometriosis was suspected. Why??? Because the AMA felt that young women under 25 were not at risk of having endometriosis.

I also found out that Erin is going to be placed in a continuous "pseudo-menopausal state" (ie: NO periods until she decides to have kids) by taking a combination of estrogen and progesterone for as long as she is not interested in having babies.

HAD I BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO CIRCUMVENT PAINFULL PERIODS, MISCARRIAGES AND 30 DAY BLEEDING CYCLES, I would have paid a King's ransom!

Thanks to all of you for your heart felt prayers and pre op messages of love and concern.

I love you all

Gin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: