Re: My Daughter's Post Op diagnosis: Prayers for Erin

Fri Jul 13 20:28:15 2001

So glad to hear everything went so well for Erin. Medicine has come a long way since you started suffering from this disease. Let's hope the progress continues.

Take care,

--
Kathy L.

At Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Ginny Halpern wrote: > >For all my wonderfully supportive friends: > >Erin went into surgery with a pre op diagnosis of "unresolved bleeding >and absominal pain" and came out with a post op Dx of "Endometriosis and >adhesive disease". > >As terrifying as this was for me to hear, (Deja Vu-ing myself to tears) >I was reassured that at age 19 Erin's chances of having a painfree, >adhesion free life are greater than 80-90% and that she will absoultely >heal from the endometriosis as it was caught in time. > >After cornering her doctor and asking him questions I found out that 20 >yrs ago, the medical society did not even consider looking into the >belly of any woman under the age of 30, or before her first 2 children >when endometriosis was suspected. Why??? Because the AMA felt that >young women under 25 were not at risk of having endometriosis. > >I also found out that Erin is going to be placed in a continuous >"pseudo-menopausal state" (ie: NO periods until she decides to have >kids) by taking a combination of estrogen and progesterone for as long >as she is not interested in having babies. > >HAD I BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO CIRCUMVENT PAINFULL PERIODS, MISCARRIAGES >AND 30 DAY BLEEDING CYCLES, I would have paid a King's ransom! > >Thanks to all of you for your heart felt prayers and pre op messages of >love and concern. > >I love you all > >Gin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: