Re: Colette- Question? On Gallbladder and removal?

Wed Jul 18 11:28:52 2001

Colette, I have several friends who had their Gallbladder removed and they did confirm the diarrhea thing (these are "normal" people, not adhesion people-LOL). That sounds great but you also have the risk of getting adhesions up there then too. I am on Prilosec for my heartburn and it causes diarrhea....could you imagine how many Herblax I would need without Prilosec!!!

You also could have many other things that cause heartburn, nausea and regurgitation.....ulcer, hiatal hernia. Mine don't show on the barium tests, they found them with the scope down the throat, so don't just rule these things out by barium tests (forget what it is called, It is like the sigmoidscopy but for the upper digestive trac instead of lower, small flexible lighted tube). Prilosec really helps allot (wonder drug)......my heartburn is normally gone by taking them.....without it I am one huge ball of fire. JEAN

Quote of the week: "Learn from the mistakes of others........ You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Colette " <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 10:10 AM Subject: Question? On Gallbladder and removal?

Ok last night i was on another board "hystersisters" and one of the woman on the board posted something interesting to me! She went to her GI doc. and was told she needed to have it removed tat it was'nt working properly, they say that if it can't break down the food properly that it irritates the bowel! I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this? I know i have trouble eating get nausaeted,heartburn,ect....about 1 yr ago i had an attack and small ones inbetween! Well i don't know maybe i'm grasping at straws here about my bowel problem, but i also get extremly nausated after i eat no maatter what i eat, believe me i don't eat much now a days i've lost another 10 LBS! I know that if i have another surgery it puts me at risk for more adhesions wow this is so confusing! But i also read that once the gallbladder is out that some people get diarhia god that would be a blessing for me LOL! I would love to know how and where and what to do on this or have somewebsites ! Big painfree hugs to all! Love Colette

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: