Bev: Vascular vs. dense, filmy adhesions --- Adhesions DO NOT grow or expand !!

Fri Jul 20 15:53:50 2001

Beverly Doucette shares some more information about Adhesions-Related Disease (ARD) based on her personal experience.

While attending the March Medical Symposium on Post-Surgical Adhesions that was held at Detroit, Michigan, a short, but informative discussion was held on the structure of adhesion tissue. Based on research that had been completed by a number of Drs., it was stated that "nerve" cells have been discovered within adhesion tissue; however, it was not conclusive as to whether these nerve cells actually generate pain or sensations of feeling.

Large vascular adhesions can develop in the course of 5-7 days. Although I have seen some research data regarding " vascular " adhesions, the research didn't mention whether vascular adhesion attachments generate a different kind of pain than dense filmy adhesion attachments do.

I do know that vascular adhesions DO NOT continue to grow or expand; because the tissue composition of vascular adhesions is still predominently adhesion tissue. Vascular adhesions are larger and thicker than dense filmy adhesions, but any type of adhesion is intrusive to internal organs -- no matter the type!

Once an adhesion is formed -- regardless of what type -- the adhesion DOES NOT expand or grow!! I have NEVER seen any research, which would indicate that there is a difference in how one type of adhesion affects the sufferer versus another type. Vascular adhesions -- as well as dense, filmy adhesions -- can cause lots of pain and other medical problems for the person, who is unfortunate to have them. ALL adhesions are distructive to the organs they become attached to. I don't think it makes any difference as to the type of adhesions one is found to have; because ARD is a such a painful, destructive and horrible disease!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: