IBS- Chronic constipation

Wed Jul 25 13:00:00 2001

Hello, I came across this website by accident and although I am still unsure as to the cause of my problem it seems like a place of support and believe me thats what i need!. About a year ago my bowels stopped working, my doctor rather than find the cause said it was stress and prescribed laxatives despite me stupidly misusing them in the past. One by one my bowels adapted to each drug and now I am on v. strong medication of bisacodyl and docusate, and i usually have to dangerously overdose to get them to work. If I eat anything my whole area from under my breasts down to my bowels swells like im pregnant and I am left in severe pain, thats when im not in severe pain and sickness from the drugs!. I am reduced to eating rice and vegetables now out of fear of reactions and have lost 1 3/4 stone in a month to show for it, not good when i was underweight to start with. I am now seeing a gastroenterologist and he want to do a marker study and flexible sigmoidoscopy and has put me on movicol. I am very frightened and if anyone knows anything more about this or has been through something similar I would really love to hear from you. I apologise if this is not an appropriate site to post on I just feel at the end of my tether. Thankyou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: