Re: Prayers requested for Karla Nygren...She will have surgery July

Fri Jul 27 21:15:45 2001

HI Karla , My prayers are with you. We're all rooting for you.

--
Gloria

Helen Dynda wrote:

> Dear International Adhesions Society members and friends, > > Karla Nygren (ifirgit@new.rr.com) is scheduled to undergo surgery on Monday, > July 30th, at the University of Chicago Hospital. Dr. Zachary, a > reconstructive urologist, and his team of 8 surgeons will perform the first > of a series of three sugeries that will be necessary to restore Karla's > health. > > Monday's surgery is the first phase,Dr. Zachary, a reconstructive urologist, > and a team of 8 surgeons will be performing the first phase of this surgery > at the University of Chicago Medical Center. The surgeons will be placing > tissue expanders in her abdomen; and this tissue will be used to make a new > abdominal wall for Karla. > > Karla said: "Since 1991 I have had 26 abdominal surgeries; and at this > time I am in desperate need of yet another one. This is not a surgery that > I can avoid. It is not a surgery to lyse my adhesions. It is a surgery to > try and restore some sort of abdominal wall.....since I have none." > > As a result of having had too many invasive (laparotomy) procedures, Karla > has had problematic hernias. The goal of this surgery is to begin the > process necessary to reconstruct Karla's abdominal muscles and to repair her > multiple hernias and urostomy. > > Karla was initially told that she would have to remain in Chicago for up to > 6 weeks; but Karla posted a message saying that she may have to only stay > there for up to 2 weeks -- depending how her recovery goes. > > >From what Bev shared with me: "After the first phase of the three phases > that Karla will need, she will have a two month reprieve before she will > return to Chicago for the actual reconstruction of her abdomen. > > Now that I have given you some idea as to what is in store for Karla on > Monday, please remember Karla in your prayers. She is going to need all the > love and support that we can give her. > > With the skill and experience of Karla's surgeons, all of our prayers and > God's presence, Karla will have the best chance for a much better life!! > > My best wishes to you Karla for much success with your upcoming surgery!! > > Love, Helen > > * A prayer for Karla * > > Almighty God, you know my inmost being, the secrets of my body and soul. > > Fill my heart with trust, even as I fear, and bless the surgeons and nurses > and all who work to help me with gifts of healing and care. > > Be near, gently sustaining me, and supporting them in their skills. Amen. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: