Re: colonoscopies/Rosie from Sally

Sun Sep 2 18:19:00 2001

Dear Rosie, I have had a colonoscopy, as has my husband and many people on the board. Usually you are sedated so heavily that you know nothing, and wake up asking, when do you start? Here again, as in all medical procedures, its the doctor and medical team who are important. If they are good then you have no cause for concern. They will know what they are doing and will not hurt you. They can see if it is too small,too flat, too disfigured for their instrument. Why don't you ask them?

I have never heard of anybody needing a "bag" because of this test. And your situation could remain the same, get better, or get worse. There really is no way of knowing. While its true that this test will not show adhesions in the adbomen, its good to have to rule out other problems. Everything is not caused by adhesions, though at this point it seems like that's the case in my life anyway.

Good luck and write back and let us know what is happening. e subject is gross. We need to think of bettter words, but they're all pretty gross. With kindest regards, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: