It's been a while.

Wed Sep 5 00:35:31 2001

Hi to all....

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the board, but I have been reading and keeping up to date with all the new people that have posting, so welcome.

I would like to say first of all that I've been putting this off for a few months, hoping that it might just go away, but Jo has encouraged me to vent so here I go.

My pain is back, I had 6 months of no adhesion pain at all and I truly thought that I was going to be pain free for the rest of my life, silly me!!! When the pain returned I went into denial, I thought if I didn't talk about it, it wasn't real, and I did this for about 4 weeks, but I had to concede that the pain was real and I went to see my GP who was very understanding, and gave me some Tramadol pills to ease the pain, I think you guys in the US call them Ultram, anyway they were awful and I haven't taken them since. My GP suggested that I go back to my Gyno which I did about 2 weeks ago, he has referred me on to my surgeon who I see in about 2 weeks, my Gyno did say though that he wouldn't under any circumstances operate on me again, unless I have a bowel obstruction, this came as no surprise, and since I don't have any girl bits left, it really isn't a Gyno problem anymore. We did however go through my last operation notes and they were not good, I had very dense adhesions covering my signold (SP) colon which was attached to my pelvic side wall, bladder and of course the ovaries. He said that my pelvic region was just a "bloody big mess" to put it in his words and he has suggested that I maybe think about pain management for the future. I'm hoping that my Surgeon will see things differently, I know where the adhesions are, the pulling pain is in the same region it always was, but I now have other symptoms which maybe you guys might be able to help with. I have started to have alot of wind again, very foul smelling, but I also have nausea which I've never experienced with ARD. I also had my gallbladder removed in may of this year, and still get pain from that, but also am getting pain on the left hand side after I eat, it's around the rib area, under my breast, any idea's would be great. The last 2 weeks since seeing my Gyno have been an emotional rollercoaster, I've been through anger, depression, self denial, I am nervous about seeing my surgeon, I don't know what I'll do if he says to live with it, it's not something that I want to live with. So there you have it, sorry to prattle on, I would like to thank Jo also for all her kind words and support, and for making me face up to my fears.

Love Helen G (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: