Re: Kel- Bladder Problems

Wed Sep 5 12:38:38 2001

Kel, I forgot until you brought it up...I also had the feeling of menstrual cramping really bad.

The Urologist kept insisting it had to be womanly problems because the bladder wouldn't cause cramping (right). I had been to my GYN before the Urologist and he didn't find anything wrong, and I had no womb,

The Urologist had basically made a jerk out of me too and said he would "humor me" and do tests but he wouldn't find anything wrong. Well, he was wrong, the nerve test did show it was abnormal, he just didn't know why.

Yes, I am pretty sure my symptoms & pains went away right after surgery. I felt great as far as any of the pains I had before surgery. I did have a laparotomy that time so I had the normal recuperation from the incision and cutting of muscles, but that is definitely a different pain and you know it is healing pain. With the healing pain it was only incision & muscle pain, not other pains, and I didn't need pain pills at all.

Maybe you could ask for the test I had done but I don't remember what it was called. It is done with a probe in you for the entire test and they monitor it on a screen. It measures the activity in your bladder in different positions.

Jean

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Murray Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 8:51 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Kel- Bladder Problems

Jean, Thank you for the info. I have tried Ditropan with no good results. My physicians assistant was going to try and order me some "plugs" to wear but she couldn't find them. I thought after surgery that this stuff would be cleared up but that is not the case. Every time I have gone for this I tell them that I even leak when I lay down and they ask me if I am sure. Jeez, then they can't give me an answer. I also have "menstrual like cramping with this" Don't know if this is bladder or adhesion pain. I get embarrassed as I feel like I always have an odor. I had to go to a office meeting yesterday afternoon and I got so nervous that every one would think I smelled that I couldn't concentrate. After your adhesion surgery, did yours go away immediately? I hate asking every one about this but I take my ARD friends word better then a Drs. We know our bodies a lot better then they do. I appreciate your feed-back and I may write the doc that sewed up my bladder in Pennsylvania for info. I may just have nerve damage and there won't be any thing they can do. I don't think I have had a nerve test. I also hesitate going, because I have so many dr bills that I am paying on but I guess I will have to go. My son needs braces so I have to think about paying for them also. Kel

>----- Original Message -----
From: Jean Long <mailto:creative@enter.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <mailto:adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 10:41 PM Subject: Re: Kel- Bladder Problems

Kelly, Just thought maybe I should give my in-put. I also had my bladder sew back up with my hysterectomy 26 years ago (had fallen down w/ womb).

I had bladder problems before my adhesion surgery this past May. 1. My bladder "always" felt full, even after just going. 2. I would only dribble when I went. 3. The only time I went good was after laying down for several hours (like what-ever was blocking it moved when in this position). 4. When I went and only dribbled and couldn't go anymore I would get up and then it would run down my legs! 5. I had groin pain 6. My bladder was touchy like when full and I had pulling. 7. I would leak urine when I coughed or strained. My bowel was attached to my pelvis by adhesions on the left side and I also had adhesions on the right side.

I don't have those problems anymore.

I also had the same problems in 1989 before my adhesion surgery and the IVP was normal. I also had a nerve test done with a probe in my bladder. It measures the activity of the bladder in 3 different positions, laying down, sitting & standing. Mine was normal laying, abnormal sitting and totally erratic standing. They put me on Ditropan which helped but after adhesion surgery I was ok and didn't need it. My ovary was attached to my bowel and pelvis.

Jean

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: