Thank you, Karla!!

Wed Sep 5 12:48:55 2001

On Tuesday , September 04, 2001 12:43 PM I sent an email to Bev (Karla was at Bev's place) and told her that NO messages had been posted on the IAS Message Board (MB) since late last Friday night. I sensed that something was wrong; but then I rationalized by telling myself that possiblyl Bruce and others, who maintain the OBGYN.net sites, were taking a few days off because of the long Labor Day weekend. (OBGYN.net is one of the sponsors of the IAS website.).

I have been reading the MB since it first went online (April 1999); and this was very unusual!! So then I decided to subscribe to the Adhesions Digest to see if others were receiving messages by email; BUT, the message told me that I could NOT subscribe to the Adhesions Digest. I couldn't understand why!!

Since I couldn't subscribe to the Adhesions Digest, I decided to see if I could subscribe to the Adhesions Forum; and I did receive a message stating that I was subscribed. I didn't know what to make of the mixed messages I had received; but now my frustration was somewhat relieved.

However, when I received less than 10 messages (and I knew it should be more), once again I could not understand what was going on. The only thing I could think of was that maybe I had been banned from the IAS MB; however, I could not think of anything I had done that would justify banning me from the IAS MB.

Shortly after I sent my email to Bev, Karla responded by telling me that she was having the same problem as I was having. I needed to hear that; and I am very grateful that Karla cared enough to send an email to let me know. Karla, your quick response (to concerns I had shared in an email to Bev) helped me to understand that I was not the only person, who was affected. Thank you - Thank you!!

Love, Helen

P. S. You may wonder: "Has anyone been banned from the IAS MB in the past?" Yes, 2 people have actually been banned; and I assume these 2 people were not politely told that they had been banned; and as a result they too probably experienced the same frustrations that I did.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: