4.) On Your Flight Home...

Sat Sep 22 00:33:24 2001

When my husband and I went to Germany in November 2000, we were there for about 3 weeks. We left Minneapolis on November 2nd (Thursday night). On November 6th I saw Dr. Korell; and had an electrocardiogram, chest X-ray, and blood tests. My adhesiolysis was November 7th with my second look on November 14th. We returned to the USA on November 21st.

~ ~ ~ ~

1.) PRIOR TO YOUR RETURN HOME : In the event that you have a second-look laparoscopy, you will be in the hospital three days post-op; and then you will have a post-op check-up by Dr. Korell. Be sure to discuss the removal of your stitches (on your incision sites) with Dr. Korell before you leave Germany!! Ask Dr. Korell WHEN you should contact your doctor, once you have returned home! These sutures MUST be removed by a doctor; because they do not simply disappear!! "

You may remain in the apartment until you are scheduled to leave Germany!! Make sure you have given yourself plenty of time to heal; because the flight home can be an awfully long time to sit - for someone, who recently had abdominal surgery!! You may want to stay in Germany a few more days - so that you will be more comfortable on the long trip home.

2.) On your flight home, you will again have to adjust to the time difference!!

* * * * * 3.) You WILL be asked to fill out a custom's form "while on your flight home."

4.) When Mary Pomroy found it too difficult to sit during the flight, we were allowed to move to first class - with no problem. In order to be able to do this, YOU WILL NEED TO GET A VERIFICATION SLIP from Dr. Korell - which states that you are a newly post-op patient and that you MAY NEED special care on the flight home.

They were VERY accommodating to Mary and me on United Airlines!! They even had a wheelchair waiting for Mary at the terminal in the USA. If you are in a wheelchair, you ( and the person accompanying you ) will be able to go through a separate line for your immigration check! It is MUCH faster - because lines are very long otherwise!! (This was our experience in Chicago!)

Have a safe trip and ENJOY EUROPE, while you are there!! You can't beat the apartment rates - nor the fact that you are going to return home WELL!

5.) When you return home, Dr. Korell wants you to walk; and even use a rebounder (small trampoline), if you have access to one. For what reason? To keep any adhesions - which may have re-formed - as stretched as possible. Mary swam, walked, used the rebounder and was very active from the day she returned to the USA; and she also spent a week at Bev's in Wisconsin before she returned to her home in Canada.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: