Jean- Myleogram

Fri Oct 5 14:11:22 2001

Jean,

Without admitting my age (LOL) I had it done in 1985! So, gee, I guess they should have it improved by now! I had a lot of pain in the places you said, I was basically working standing up. Nothing showed on X-ray or CT scan. They found on the myleogram that I did have a herniated disc, but it had done so on the interior side and that's why the bulge didn't show on the other tests.

I had a microlamenectomy....phew, what a word! They removed about 40% of the disc where it was bulging, but didn't fuse it so that I would still be able to bend. Took about 8 weeks of physical therapy and it has only slipped twice since then and the chiropracter gently puts it back in. The scar is ugly, though. I'm sure with all the advances, it wouldn't be as big today.

But, don't let them go in from the front. My brother-in-laws wife did and now she's stuck (bad pun, I know) with adhesions!

I never have understood why each test seems to be set up by different doctors...you'd think they could talk to each other and just have one do it. Must have to do with their specialties.

Good Luck! kcmo rose

--
Rose Lunn
ICQ #131145100

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: