Re: Rose- Myleogram

Fri Oct 5 22:13:34 2001

Rose, I just spoke to my doctor's office today and asked about why the OS back surgeon doesn't just do all the tests since I trust him and he is highly reputable. She said the OS doesn't do myleograms, I guess just the Neurosurgeons have the knowledge of the nerve related tests. She did confirm that he would only be doing the test but the OS that I like would do the interpreting and any surgery if I prefer him. She said they would have preferred me being admitted to get all the tests done though. They still have to schedule the EMG testing.

I guess pain doctors (anesthesiologists) are the ones with the knowledge for going inside of the disks for the Discogram and also giving epidural shots because it was a different pain doctor who also gave me epidural shots last year.

Then....after all their work is done the OS surgeon steps in for the interpreting and any surgery. I guess it is for the best if they all have their own specialties to concentrate on. I don't like the Neurosurgeon's bedside manner at all, even the nurse from my OS's office said the Neurosurgeon & his office have bad attitudes. So far I like the other 3 doctors though.

Gotta say I am getting allot of attention all of a sudden so hopefully the outcome is as good.

Glad they haven't also sent me to the belly doctor, I have enough doctors right now. I am also suppose to be making another appointment with the vascular doctor for my calcified artery and I also haven't gone for my mammogram which was due 8 months ago. Gosh I could live at the doctors if I went everywhere I am suppose to go.

I am "trying" to run my business too and since I don't drive anymore due to my condition my husband misses work every time I must go somewhere. It wouldn't be so bad but this has been going on for almost 2 years now! He gave up all his vacation for my doctors, tests & surgeries the past 2 years.

At least when it was just my belly problems for the past 30 years I could drive & walk!

Thanks for your input, appreciate it! JEAN

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: