Re: Will barrier method work, if there are no female reproductive organs?

Mon Oct 15 22:40:47 2001

Hello Deb,

Welcome to the board, this is the place to ask questions, vent & find comfort & support by fellow adhesions sufferers.

I can't help you with your question, perhaps someone else who has had barriers used could answer that. Sadly Deb, yours is a familiar story, please add yours to the adhesions quilt & read some of those already posted, that will give you an idea of the scope of the adhesions disease!

Don't apologise or feel we would be bored with your details. Part of the process in dealing with adhesions is discussion with others who are also suffering. This is the place to vent, whinge, whine & look to others for support & encouragement. We all have days or weeks where our pain is too great & we can't actively participate, we just stay on the "fringe" for a while...reading the posts ... then when we fill strong enough again, we jump in to answer questions, lend a hand with finding information, share each others triumphs and failures.

My abdominal cavity is completely filled with adhesions, my bowel, bladder etc are covered in a mess of adhesions & invisible to the eye. I am not seeking a solution through surgery until I have a strong life threatening situation. IF a cure is found and proven,I might reconsider, but for the moment I meditate, use visualisation, heat packs, soak in hot baths, pain medication, reading, music & writing here on the board as a part of my pin management plan.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here, or send me a private email : wallamara@hotmail.com

I hope this have given you food for thought...just remember I am not a doctor or a medical person, just a fellow adhesions sufferer.

Love & gentle warm hugs, Jo (Australia)

>From: monkeychow59@webtv.net (Deb)
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Subject: Will barrier method work, if there are no female reproductive
>organs?
>Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:54:54 -0500
>
>i won't bore everyone with my 4 surgeries, but i'm now left with no
>female reproductive organs. each time, they found massive adhesions,
>mainly on the bowel. had to switch drs, since mine told me "i worry too
>much" and that "adhesions wouldn't cause pain". love my new dr. she
>spent 45 minutes with me (which is a rarity these days) and now we're
>trying 200 mg of celebrex each day, which seemed to have been working
>until this last week. she's like me, surgery is the last option. she'd
>mentioned that if it were to happen, the film would have to lie on the
>pelvic floor and probably wouldn't take, since there are no organs to
>wrap it around. and that it would slide around, each time the
>intestines moved (which is always). has anyone else had a tah/bso and
>still has adhesions? what have you been told that your options are?
>
>this site is truly a blessing!
>
>thanks,
>deb
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: