Hi, new here... Scared, angry...

Thu Oct 18 23:08:13 2001

...but I try to keep my sense of humor -- I was going to mispell it "scarred" !

I've been lurking here for about a month, and I thought I'd join in.

For about the last six months I've been having on-and-off pains on my right side, right where I always get mittelschmerz pain. It's not a big deal -- like 0, 1, 2, occasionally 3 on a scale of 10, but I've been obsessing about how this is the "whispered symptom" of one of those "silent killers" like ovarian cancer or colon cancer where the first really big symptom is death.

So a month ago I went to my family practitioner, and she listened to my description of symptoms and said "adhesions" right away. The only surgery I've every had was my (unnecessary) c-section 7-1/2 years ago. But the doc thinks that the severe mittelschmerz I've been having every month the pain is caused by the ovary bleeding into the abdominal cavity and that just the blood itself is enough to cause adhesions.

Family practitioner sent me to a GYN, who was real casual about the whole thing. At one point she says brightly, "hey, maybe it's just adhesions." I had a pelvic ultrasound 2-1/2 weeks ago. Nobody has called me about the results of the US... Which just really irritates me -- i'm going to wait and see how long it takes.

And, yeah, I'm mad. All the research I've done on mittelschmerz has said that it is totally innocuous if annoying while it's happening, like, "ha ha isn't that cute that stupid little woman thinks that she knows when she is ovulating." I could have taken the pill and not ovulated for a lot of those months if I knew that it might be causing damage. And that I had a c-section because the stupid @$!%&# doctor got bored with my labor and doing surgery is so much more fun than sitting around waiting for some stupid wench to dialate... And because I AM worried about having cancer and I can't seem to get anyone to get the point -- no, I am not looking for a cure to mittelschmerz, and I'm not looking to follow some scheme of taking birth control 3 weeks and then starting again "so I won't have a period." (I actually tried that once -- I spotted for the next 3-1/2 weeks. Thank you, I'll take the period.)

Anyway, that was my (LONG) introduction...

--
cathy :-)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: