Re: ovarian remnant syndrome- Wally / Jo

Wed Oct 24 23:59:47 2001

Hi Deb,  

It was an ultrasound that revealed the cyst....and my Gyno was already under the impression that a small piece of ovary had been left behind, he told me that after the surgery to remove my ovaries in April. Mine could not be seen....the were completely buried in adhesions. It was the pathology report that led to a very late diagnosis of endometriosis too. It was all over my ovaries apparently.

The cyst was sitting right on the top of the vaginal vault & was drained through the vagina.  My GP & I suspect that I may have another one, it isn't causing the extreme pain as the last one did, so it's either in another spot, or isn't as big as last time.  The last one was bigger than a very large orange I was told.

My GP actually asks me what I think it is these days, she has come to realise that what I say, is usually what they find when they investigate. 

I will let you know what the ultrasound finds this time, take care and don't rush into anything, be sure that you have a sound diagnosis before you agree to any treatment, I've learnt this lesson the very hard way...

Warm, gentle hugs & love

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: