Re: Thanks JO!

Thu Oct 25 00:19:04 2001

Hi Kathy

I was really pleased that you used my beach before your surgery!  I had a very stressful few weeks a while back with my brother, during that time I couldn't get to my beach, it was devastating to me.  I asked my therapist about it, and she gave me another tool to use.....sighing.  I used it and it worked!  Within a few days I was able to get back to my beach. 

I haven't been to Bombo beach for a couple of years now, my Grandparents lived near there, and I spent many many pleasant hours on that beach as a child.  LOL  I recall one time a bunch of us kids decided to try spear fishing...there is a small creek that runs into the ocean at one end.  It forms a small pool during low tide, and was our favourite swimming hole, the ocean itself is too dangerous, there are some very strong rips.  Anyway, putting on our goggles & snorkels we proceeded to chase the fish caught by low tide.....LOL  trust me those fish were very safe, our technique & spears were very crude.  We had lots of fun though , I like to think of days like that too, it has a very calming affect on me.

I think all of us need to search through our memories and find moments like those .... it is a very useful way to calm yourself when dealing with a stressful situation such as surgery, or when our pain feels like it will consume us.

Please give Chrissie my love and hugs...and you keep looking after yourself Kathy, it sounds like your kids are making sure you do...LOL

Love & gentle warm hugs

Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: