Jo- Older Surgeons

Sat Oct 27 14:38:06 2001

Jo, I know you didn't mean anything derogative by anything you said, and I did see that you mentioned that. I just wanted to point out my own personal experiences with surgeons in my area. I was just concerned that everyone might misunderstand and just look for the young doctors thinking they would be the best.

Too many go to college these days just to "play" or "have a free ride". I see and hear this all the time.

I have found allot of them lack the compassion the older ones have. I don't think they teach compassion these days. They also aren't taught about adhesions, my daughter-in-law is a nurse and they never even mentioned it to them. Don't get me wrong, there are still some genuinely sincere students.

I agree that it depends if a surgeon keeps up with the new things in the medical field. Hugs, JEAN

An understanding friend is better than a therapist.... and cheaper too!

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Jo Eslick Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 9:10 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Older Surgeons to Dolores

Hi Dolores

I did mention that...

*quote* "(please don't misunderstand...because a surgeon is older DOESN'T'T'T mean he isn't good....I am generalising)"

I was relating Gerry's comments to my own experience which I did stress in my message. I am waiting to see another surgeon, who is also older, HOWEVER he has kept himself up to date, and this is reflected in an initial consultation, or discussion with this Doctor (I have been privileged to have both ... discussion & meeting). We need to be aware ourselves of current trends, and the latest scientific & medical information in order to make decisions regarding our own treatment. THAT was the point I was making with Gerry,..... I trusted my Gyn, without researching and asking questions and without seeking another opinion...... This is what I hope I can do for those who seek information and help here on the board... offer information based on my experiences....I always stress that I am not a medical person, just a fellow adhesions sufferer, reaching out to help others... I also stress that only the individual can make decisions about his o! r her own treatment.

Thank you for pointing out that older doesn't necessarily mean out dated!

Yours in friendship

Jo (Australia)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: