Re: Older Surgeons to Jo

Sat Oct 27 15:04:37 2001

Dear Jo: I completely understand where you are coming from and know there are fine doctors of all ages. One certainly has to be selective and be careful not to get your body any more messed up than it already is. Being in the nursing profession I have seen so many unnecessary things done to people that would alter their lives forever and not for one minute would it bother that doctor. Love and happy halloween to you. Dolores dtouch@bellsouth.net

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Jo Eslick To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 8:09 AM Subject: Re: Older Surgeons to Dolores

Hi Dolores

I did mention that...

*quote* "(please don't misunderstand...because a surgeon is older DOESN'T'T'T mean he isn't good....I am generalising)"

I was relating Gerry's comments to my own experience which I did stress in my message. I am waiting to see another surgeon, who is also older, HOWEVER he has kept himself up to date, and this is reflected in an initial consultation, or discussion with this Doctor (I have been privileged to have both ... discussion & meeting). We need to be aware ourselves of current trends, and the latest scientific & medical information in order to make decisions regarding our own treatment. THAT was the point I was making with Gerry,..... I trusted my Gyn, without researching and asking questions and without seeking another opinion...... This is what I hope I can do for those who seek information and help here on the board... offer information based on my experiences....I always stress that I am not a medical person, just a fellow adhesions sufferer, reaching out to help others... I also stress that only the individual can make decisions about his o! r her own treatment.

Thank you for pointing out that older doesn't necessarily mean out dated!

Yours in friendship

Jo (Australia)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: