Re: Physical Proof of Chronic Pain: Fibromyalgia Patients Have Lower Blood Flow in Brain

Wed Nov 7 08:18:42 2001

Helen D.,

As usual....you have given us some great info!

I am having my brother print it out for me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Rose

At Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>[] Physical Proof of Chronic Pain: Fibromyalgia Patients Have Lower Blood Flow in Brain
>
>http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/DailyNews/fibromyalgia980408.html
>
>In people with chronic pain, the spinal cord becomes overloaded with input, leading it to become hypersensitive to the messages sent its way. It in turn abnormally amplifies the response so patients feel pain from contact that should have no effect. (ABCNEWS.com)
>
>April 8 - Jan Murphy committed suicide last summer because she could no longer live with a disease that many doctors still don't believe exists.
>
>She had fibromyalgia, a chronic pain condition that made a cool breeze on her skin feel like fire and caused every part of her body to ache. After CT scans and MRIs showed no medical reason for her pain, Murphy turned to Dr. Jack Kevorkian for a final solution.
>
>"When you start hearing there is no hope, no treatment, and no cure, over and over, you lose your will to fight," Murphy wrote in a eulogy that was read at her funeral. "What most people saw of me was a shell of what was going on inside."
>
>What exactly was going on with Murphy and other fibromyalgia patients has long been a controversial matter in the medical profession. Many doctors thought that fibromyalgia was a mental health problem, with no physical cause.
>
>Until five years ago, grassroots fibromyalgia groups were virtually chased out of medical conferences when they tried to spread the word about the syndrome.
>
>Now, researchers at the University of Alabama have uncovered proof that what patients like Murphy experience isn't a psychological disorder, but rather is caused by abnormalities in the brain and central nervous system.
>
>PLEASE GO TO THE ABOVE WEB SITE TO FINISH READING THIS ARTICLE. YOU WILL ALSO FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA AT THE ABOVE WEB SITE!!

--
kcmo ro(se)
ICQ #131145100
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it
poorly.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: